I mentioned in a previous post that L had come to collect the horse float one day whilst I was at the stables, and take it for its’ warrant of fitness. Well, unfortunately it failed for the first time ever.
Meaning we can’t float our horses in it. Meaning I have no transport for the foreseeable.
The damage is pretty extensive and forecast to be in the $2,000 region which, considering that we’ve been weighing up whether to upgrade for the past two years has been a bit of a shove for us to actually make a decision.
We got the float as a temporary trade off for our old truck. We had a lovely little ‘ladies truck’ which we kept parked up at our local pony club, and one weekend a bunch of horse floats and our truck were vandalised. I think the engine underneath the cab was ripped out and our truck was obviously rendered useless. Whilst we were on the market for a new truck, someone offered us a trade – their float for the body of our truck. It worked out nicely as a temporary solution.
Only, we loved the float so much we never actually got around to buying a new truck, or even a new float. It tows like a dream and the horses travel beautifully in it so it just stuck around.